Monday, November 28, 2011

Common Dreams.



This documentary is so powerful.
From seeing the faith of people who literally have nothing ..
And seeing people like Common and Justin who are making a strong effort to shed light on these conditions..
Then the people like Fabiola who are so passionate about the well - being of others that they dedicate their entire life to help make a difference.  She's truly an inspiration and an amazing woman.
This video does 2 things for me. One, it makes me even more grateful.  Seeing those conditions and hearing those stories makes every single 'problem' in my life insignificant- I literally can not complain about a single thing. I'm truly blessed beyond measure and it's really just heart-changing to see people who have lost everything and still are faithful and positive that things will get better.
Two, it makes me realize that something isn't right. People shouldn't be living that way. If we are driving our cars, and coming home to our houses with water and heat and AC, and able to go to the grocery store and stock up on food, and camp outside for the latest Apple product lol - there really is no excuse as to why people are living in tent cities with no water, and kids aren't being educated. 
My goal in life is to definitely be an advocate/voice for people whose voices aren't heard & to help supply the basic needs and rights to people who aren't receiving them...
I don't know if I can be as brave as Fabiola and move straight to Haiti lol - but we definitely need more people like her!!

~Tiffany Nicole.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...