Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Soul Sisters.


Zoe Saldanda and her sisters for this month's issue of W Magazine 

Here are some excerpts from the article describing the relationship between the 3..

“Because we’ve had to survive so many things, there’s this special bond that connects us,” says actress Zoë Saldana (center), 33 of her sisters Cisely (left), 32, a producer, and Mariel (right), 34, a nurse. 

We were raised in Queens, New York, until my father passed away when I was 9. Our mom, being a single parent, didn’t want us to grow up in a dangerous place, so she moved us to the Dominican Republic, where we stayed with my grandparents. Our mom would live with us there for one year and then spend one year in New York so she could make money to send back home for us. It’s inconceivable for us to be separated. We have to be around each other 24/7.” 

And she’s not speaking metaphorically: When Zoë moved to L.A. from New York five years ago to pursue her film career (Avatar, Star Trek), her sisters quickly followed her. These days, they live within nine miles of each other. “I’ll text my mom once a day,” says Zoë. “But my sisters? Every 30 minutes we’re on BlackBerry Messenger.”

Love it!
I think it's super cute that they're still so close at that age despite their busy careers!
Danielle & I are the same way with our sisters!
I have one younger sister, and a younger and older cousin who I consider my sisters and we are always txting/skyping about any and or everything since 2 live out of state. My younger cousin and I live about an hour away but we try to see each other at least once a week.
& I know Danielle and her sister are super close as well..



~Tiffany Nicole.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...