Thursday, December 22, 2011

Face Time - Tracee Ellis Ross.


I loveeee Tracee!
Her personal style is flawless and so is her skin & body!
On Facebook I stumbled across this feature that  NY Times T Magazine recently did on the gorg actress getting all the inside details on her skin, hair and makeup regime!

Below are a few of the questions that I highlighted out of the interview:

TT: How does the look for your character differ from your own personal taste in hair, makeup and fashion?

TER: Dr. Carla Reed and I are similar in many ways, in hair and makeup, especially. As a mother and a therapist, Carla is very much about self-acceptance and celebrating who you are, which is also very much a motto of mine. One of the ways that is expressed is through Carla’s natural hair, makeup and style. Our style is similar, but Carla is more colorful and softer than I am in her lines. I dress a little edgier, and I wear more black. It’s important to me that Carla looks like she did her hair and makeup herself. I have been very conscious about not wanting her to look too “made up.” However, like me, she loves a bold lip and a pop of mascara.

TT: Can you tell me about a few products that you and Carla like?

TER: Our favorite lipstick colors are Nars Funny Face and Schiap, and Nars Damned Velvet Matte Lip Pencil. For a natural lip, it’s all about Nars Blonde Venus. And from M.A.C, we like Ruby Woo and the Magenta lip pencil with a bit of lip balm. For mascara, Cover Girl Lash Blast in Very Black is the very best.

TT: How do you keep your hair so fabulous looking?

TER: When I’m not working, I spend a lot of time on my hair. When it’s time for my hair to get some rest, I either wear it in a ponytail, bun or my favorite “milkmaid” braid. My everyday essentials are Kim Kimble satin rubber bands, Bumble and Bumble Quenching Complex leave-in conditioner, Aestelance Hydrate leave-in conditioner. When slicking my hair into a clean pony, bun or braid, I mix a little Moroccanoil with water and smooth it on. The shampoo and conditioners I use depend on how I’m styling my hair — that list is reeeally extensive.

TT: When it comes to your lovely skin, what is your usual regime?

TR: For my face, the regime is always the same — keep it clean and hydrated. I use CosMedix Benefit Clean and their Emulsion lotion. Recently, I was talked into buying a stuuupidly, insanely expensive product. I resisted forever, but during my 13 hour shoot days I got desperate! So I surrendered and I love it. It makes my skin look like I got an extra two hours of sleep. It’s called ICS Intensive Collagen Serum by Purigenix. I keep that in the fridge. I also love light therapy for the skin. I have a LightStim Red Light that I travel with. At night I take my eye makeup off with Klorane. I remove lipstick with Klorane Wet Wipes. It is important to me to take care of my skin. In general I don’t like to wear foundation; I’m not a fan of the look. I like my skin fresh and natural enough so my freckles show through. I am big on moisturizing. I switch it up and mix products all the time, but my main moisturizer, the Cosmedix Emulsion, is the one thing that stays consistent.

TT: Do you have a body skin care routine?

TR: I dry brush as often as possible. I like to sit in front of the TV and work on my “problem areas.” I don’t drink coffee, so I especially do it when I’m really tired and can’t wake up. It gets the circulation flowing, which is key. I love scrub mitts from the Korean spa with my Jason Rosewater Body Wash in the shower. Then I mix two lotions from Whole Foods: Kiss My Face Calendula and Honey, and Shikai Dry Skin lotion.

TT: When you want to glam it up, what do you reach for?

TER: Besides the bold lip that I love so much — it would be a smoky eye. For that I use lots of mascara for a nice, full, spiky lash, a deep smoky grey or black eyeshadow and black liquid liner by Prestige — it’s the best!

TT: As for your fitness routine, is there anything you include consistently or do you like to mix it up?

TER: I have always worked out. I was a runner growing up and I have always been competitive and athletic. I have tried everything and been through many phases. I like to keep it interesting and varied. I had a good two years where I was obsessed with spinning. I also boxed at a gym in L.A. and I loved that! It was good for a while but it was closing my heart space and I like it open, not on the defensive. I did Pilates, and I was a big yoga girl for years. I will never stop doing Gyrotonics. It is wonderful for the body and I have a pulley tower at home in my meditation room. In the last year I have fallen in love with the Tracy Anderson Method; it’s fantastic! It’s fun and hard as hell. It keeps me interested because my program changes all the time, and I love how my body responds.

TT: Do you have a favorite meal?

TER: I listen to my body. Some days all I want is a good steak and others, I crave veggies and quinoa.





I really want to try some of the skin products that she uses.
The Purigenix products seem like a beneficial investment & they have a line for everything! - 
Collagen, Eye repair, Dermal Repair, Discoloration, & Hydrating Therapy.
I researched the Light Therapy and that fascinates me - I may look deeper into that in a few years. 

Tiffany Nicole.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...